Our School Day
The St Martins school day is structured like this:
- 8.30 am: First bell rings and school opens. If students are at school before this bell they are to assemble by the sandpits (juniors) or in the amphitheatre.
- 8.45am. Second bell rings.
- 8.50 am: Morning sessions start
- 11.00 am: Interval
- 11.25 am: Back into class
- 12.30 pm: Lunch time
- 12.45 pm: Play time
- 1.25 pm: Afternoon lessons begin
- 3.00 pm: Home time
It is important that students arrive at school on time. It is our expectation that students will be at school, unpacked, and ready to start school at 8.50am. Regular lateness affects a child’s ability to learn, as well as the smooth running of the class. We ask that you make the effort to be punctual for the sake of your own children and others in the class. If you are going to be late, please call the office.