Student Council Executives
St Martins School has a dedicated team of Year 8 Student Council executives who run the following committees:
- School Spirit
- Student Voice
The Selection Process
It is a difficult task to select the Student Council Executives for the following year, however there is a formal process that we go through to do this which is outlined below:
- End of year discussion with Year 7’s around following year’s leadership roles available.
- Explanation of application criteria and applications handed to interested students.
- Applications handed in on due date. (No applications accepted after the due date unless illness or similar circumstance).
- Lead teacher of Student Council reads applications and sorts applications according to committee preference, along with suggestions for executives.
- Lead teacher hands to Year 7/8 Syndicate Leader to read. Syndicate Leader notes applications most suitable for each committee, considering applications that contain the specified criteria. Syndicate Leader suggestions for executives made.
- Applications discussed with Year 7/8 Syndicate teachers. Final decisions made.
- Announcements made at the end of year final whole school assembly.