Our school uniform reflects our school’s character; our unique identity and the image we want to portray to ‘the outside world’. It makes us look and feel like a team and differentiates us from other schools. It looks smart and should be worn with pride!
This new uniform was launched in 2012 after much research and community consultation. The design of our new uniform was an important step in defining the StMARTins Way – establishing an identity that reflects the values and beliefs of our learning community, as outlined in our Strategic Plan. 2013 is a year for everyone to transition over to the new uniform. It is expected that all students will be wearing the new uniform by the start of 2014.
The uniform shop is in the school office. Samples are available to try on and uniform is available to purchase. Payment can be made online or by cash, cheque or eftpos). Alternatively you can buy online .
Compulsory Uniform Items
- Polo Shirt
- Polarfleece Jacket
- Bucket Hat
- either Unisex Short or Girls Skort
- Long Socks and Girls Tights – must be navy blue
- Ankle Socks or Hideaway Socks – must be white or navy blue
- Shoes – must be dark coloured, preferably black but navy and dark brown are acceptable
Optional Uniform Items
There are a number of optional uniform items. These have been selected due to their high quality and excellent value for money. You can purchase these items online or from the school office – great for families who want a ‘one-stop-shop’.
- Unisex Cargo Pants (Double-knee)*
- Girls Summer Dress – in royal blue gingham, Terms 1 and 4 only (only available at The Warehouse – Schooltex brand, zipped dress)
- Winter Jacket (Waterproof, Polarfleece-lined)
- Senior Jacket (Soft Shell, Windproof)
- Long Sleeve Thermal Undergarment (Cotton/Elastane) (available from school office or source your own)
- Beanie (Soft Acrylic Cable-knit)
- Senior Scarf (Polar fleece)
- Senior Badge (Metal Pin-on)
- House Badges (Metal Pin-on)
* If your child prefers a longer pant in winter then the Unisex Cargo Pants is the ONLY regulation pant to be worn. If your child wears long socks then these are the regulation Long Socks to be worn.
Our Dress Code is a policy that is managed through our SchoolDocs system. To view the Dress Code policy:
- Go to the SchoolDocs Policies & Procedures website
- Enter the user name (stmartins) and password (huntsbury)
- Choose General > Uniform/Dress
Repairs & Alterations
Second Hand Uniform
Second hand uniforms are not sold in the school office. However we find that many families use the St Martins Community Facebook page to buy and sell uniform so you may wish to check this.
S’Mart Community also run Second hand Uniform days which are incorporated into some of their Friday morning Coffee Catch Ups where they sell uniforms on your behalf. These are often on a monthly basis. Keep an eye out for S’Mart Community notices and School Links emails for details.