Enroling with St Martins | Hāto Mātene
Please ensure your child is enrolled at school at least six months (no more than 1 year) before they turn five. Students who live within the home zone described below shall be eligible to enrol at St Martins School. To enrol, please follow our online process here
If you are a new family to St Martins School you may wish to make an appointment to meet with the principal and have a tour of the school. Please contact our school office to arrange a suitable time. email or phone (03) 332 6121 ext 701
‘Out of Zone’ Enrolments
Consideration can be given to a small number of out of zone enrolements in the New Entrant area, depending on available spaces. Please see our enrolment zone page for more information. We encourage you to complete the online enrolment process here regardless and we will we will acknowledge your enrolment and contact you to confirm if a space is available.
During the first week of starting school, your child will visit their class on a Tuesday from 8.45am to 11.00am and then Thursday from 8.30am to 12.30pm. They will meet the other children in their class and join in with the programme. We have found this time very positive and important in their transition to school. If you would like your child to stay for lunch on the Thursday, please ensure that you supervise them during this time.
Children have a mini break at 9.50am each day. During this time we encourage them to have a piece of fruit, vegetables or some other healthy snack.
Note: Due to the current Primary School Covid restrictions some aspects of school visits may vary. Please let us know if you have any questions around this.
All the stationery your child requires when starting school is supplied by the school and the cost will be added to your child’s school account. You can do this at the school office by cash or Eftpos (excluding credit card) or online into the school’s bank account.
Tips for Starting School
Here are some things you need to know when your child starts at St Martins School:
- When buying a school bag please make sure it is big enough to carry a polar fleece, lunch box, drink bottle, library books, and their book bag.
- Your child will be given a book bag for reading books to come home in.
- It is very important to name all your child’s property clearly.
- If your child is going to be absent from school please phone the office on 3326121 and leave a message or via the absences tab on the school website homepage. Please do not email the teacher directly as they may be in class and not checking emails. If we don’t receive a message the office will make contact with you.
- Please ensure your child is at school in time to be able to organise their school day. The first bell goes at 8.30am and again at 8.45am when it is time to go into class to start lessons.
- Library books come home once a week. Your child’s class will have a set library day each week. Please ensure they are sent back to school before their next visit to the library.
- Parents are welcome to become involved in the Junior classrooms at regular times (Covid restrictions permitting). Please let the class teacher know if you would like to be involved.
- School sunhats are required to be worn in Terms 1 and 4. Without a hat the children are not able to play in the playgrounds and are restricted to verandas.
We look forward to a long and happy association with your family at St Martins School.