IN ZONE ENROLMENTS
Students who are living within the St Martins School zone are automatically entitled to enrol with us. For New Entrant students we request that you register with us approximately 6 months before your child is due to start school if possible. Please use the following link to notify us of your enrolment. Enrol here
If you are a new family to St Martins School you may wish to make an appointment to meet with the principal and have a tour of the school at that time. Please contact Kate Thomson to arrange a suitable time. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (03) 3326121 ext 701
OUT OF ZONE ENROLMENTS
We are taking a small number of Out of Zone children in the New Entrant area. Please see our enrolment zone for information. If you would like to enrol your child please enrol here. Numbers are limited, we will acknowledge your enrolment and contact you to confirm the enrolment.
St Martins School are currently not taking any International student enrolments until further notice. To keep up to date with NZ Covid-19 border restrictions please visit the Immigration NZ website: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
St Martins School enrols international students from Year 3-8. International students need to live with a parent while enrolled at St Martins School.
All New Zealand children enrolled at a State School are entitled to a ‘free education’. The Government funds state schools and teachers are paid by a Central Government pay service. International students do not qualify for ‘free’ education and are required to pay a fee.
The fee set by the St Martins School Board of Trustees includes:
- The cost of employing extra staff
- ESOL (English lessons for children who have English as their Second or Other Language)
- A portion of the school’s operational cost
- A portion of the school’s capital costs
- A Crown fee (A charge imposed by the Government for the use of a state owned facility)
- Additional charges which include the annual cost to the school for being a Signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students) and GST ( Goods and Service Tax, and Government tax)
St Martins School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for International Students.
For information regarding International Study Visas, please refer to the Immigration NZ website: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/assist-migrants-and-students/assist-students
For more information please email Kate Thomson – email@example.com